About Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon), a tiny island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean, is a rugged land of rainforest, diverse wildlife and endless beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes, and the sacred city of Anuradhapura. Its flavorful cuisine reflects its history as a maritime hub and cultural melting pot.
DAY 01 SINGAPORE – SRI LANKA – ANURADHAPURA no meals
Fly to Colombo. On arrival met by your representative and transfer to the hotel in Anuradhapura.
DAY 02 ANURADHAPURA BLD
Early morning after breakfast Visit sacred Sri Maha Bodhi Tree (Maharbawdi banyan tree), sacred Ruwanweli Stupa which is the only stupa enshrined with the greatest number of Buddha relic.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
Afternoon visit mihintale. It is a sacred forest mountain peak near Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka. It is believed by Sri Lankans to be the site of a meeting between the Buddhist monk Mahinda and King Devanampiyatissa which inaugurated the presence of Buddhism in Sri Lanka. Overnight stay in the same Hotel
Day 03: ANURADHAPURA – KANDY (150 KM, 3 1/2 hours’ drive) BLD
Morning after breakfast leave for Kandy. En route visit Dambulla Golden temple and Matale Aluvihare temple.
Visit Dambulla Golden Rock Temple Built by King Walagambahu 2nd century BC. It is declared as a World Heritage site (1991). In Sri Lanka, It is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. Major attractions are spread over 5 caves, which contain statues and paintings.
Visit a spice garden and have lunch.
The Aluvihare Rock Temple (also called Matale Alu Viharaya) is a sacred Buddhist temple Surrounded by hills, the Aluvihara cave temple is situated 30 km south of Kandy on the Matale-Dambulla road. The history of Aluvihare Rock Temple is traced back to the 3rd Century B.C to the reign of King Devanampiyatissa. It is believed that the King built the Stupa, planted the Bo sapling and founded the temple after the introduction of Buddhism to the country during his reign. Aluvihare Rock Temple was the historic location, where the Pali Canon was first written down completely in text on ola (palm) leaves. Many monastery caves, some of which exhibit frescoes are situated near this temple.
Proceed to Kandy. Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 04: KANDY – COLOMBO BLD
Aftre breakfast visit the most sacred temple of tooth. A center of the Buddhist faith, the stunning 17th-century Temple of the Tooth (Sri Dalada Maligawa) is believed to house the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself. The relic of the tooth is kept in a two-story inner shrine fronted by two large elephant tusks. The relic rests on a solid gold lotus flower, encased in jeweled caskets that sit on a throne.
Proceed to Colombo.
Sightseeing tour in Colombo. Visit a famous River Buddhist temple (Gangaramaya), a Hindu temple, Independence Square, BMICH, replica of tallest standing Buddha statue in awukana, Independence Arcade, Shopping malls. Etc. Overnight stay at Colombo
Day 05: DEPARTURE BLD
After breakfast on a sightseeing tour in Colombo. Visit Gal Viharaya replica temple, a Hindu temple, Independence Square, BMICH, replica of tallest standing Buddha statue in awukana, Independence Arcade, Shopping malls. Etc.
After dinner transfer to the airport to board on your scheduled flight to Myanmar.
|ECONOMY||WHITE HOUSE||GANGULA VILLA||FAIR VIEW|
|STANDARD||AVASTA||OAK RAY REGENCY||MIRAJ|
|SUPERIOR||RAJA RATA||CINNAMON CITADEL||CINNAMON GRAND|
|Private Land Tour in SGD Valid from 1st April – 31 Oct 19|
|Hotels||6 Pax & above||3-5 Pax||2 Pax||1 Pax||CWB||CNB||SRS|
1. Airport transfers and all transport costs in chartered transport as per the itinerary from Colombo airport to Colombo Airport.
2. 2 X 500ml Water Bottle per person per day.
3. Transport via a good Conditioned Fully Insured vehicles.
4. Entrance charges to the places of interest as mentioned in the itineraries (Anuradhapura sacred city, Dambulla cave temple, Temple of tooth)
5. Hotels as indicated in the itinerary with all meals as shown in the itinerary.
6. One local SIM with Rs.200/- value added in the mobile with all important numbers feed in phone for emergency use.
7. A service of a Chauffer guide* from Colombo airport to Colombo airport.
8. 6 Pax and above service of a separate tour Guide throughout the tour.
|Cost Excludes :
1. Meals on day 1
2. International airfare, fuel surcharge and airport taxes.
3. Sri Lankan visa, travel, medical & evacuation insurance, medical and evacuation expenses if any.
4. All site seeing & activity cost
5. All expenses of personal nature like drinks, telephone calls etc.
6. And any other expenses paid due to any change in dates and itinerary.
7. Services not mentioned in the inclusion.
5 %Discount Card for shopping at ODEL shopping mall
Note: Sequence of itinerary may change due to domestic flights availability or any other operational reasons
|Hotels||6 Par and Above Pax||3 - 5 Pax||2 Pax||1 Pax||CWB||CNB||SRS|